Being a recruiter is a hard job in a company. Here who you know is as important as what you know. More the people will trust and respect you, better the reputation you will build for yourself and your company. One must be very much sincere and dedicated towards his job because hiring great candidates only, will uplift the company. William Almonte the hiring manager is someone who navigates the entire process of any organization.
Relationship building must be the main aim and not the resumes: – a recruiter must be very kind and treat his candidates fairly, courteously with a friendly face. Recruiters can help their candidates by doing good turns for them whenever he can. One must believe in long term cooperation and must keep sincere good will with employees.
Using technologies in as many ways as you can: – a recruiter must be familiar with the vast evolving technology in today’s recruitment. The importance of technology is very helpful. One can prefer to do posting job, short listing, arranging interviews and even networking on the internet. Technologies are used in every stage, in the modern days.
- To understand the need to speed up the recruiting process: to be a successful recruiter one must work very fast. He should quickly post open jobs, networking with contacts should also be fast, interviews with top candidates must be his first priority, and rewarding winning candidates without any delays should be his concern as well.
- Recruit anytime: a recruiter must not think that his recruiting hour is allotted previously. He willingly should spend his extra hours in search of new talents and hidden confidences all around. He must talk to various people everywhere, if suitable, and start to build a relationship. Recruiters may also join recruiting groups and recruiting forums where one can share their advices or offer help.
- In depth understanding with company and jobs that need to be field up: a recruiter must develop a vast knowledge about his company products and customers. He must also know his strengths and weakness, so that he easily doesn’t get manipulated when a recruiter knows enough about his stuff and candidates. People will think him smart and company will have a good impression on him.
- Measuring efforts: a recruiter needs to know what is working and what is not to refine his recruiting efforts. A recruiter must always make list of positions he filled in a month. He must keep his work under observation, to see how much time he takes to fill the candidates or number of interviews he conducted.
- Developing strong marketing and communication skill: a recruiter must be a person with communication skills. The main part of recruitment actually involves marketing a company. It is very important for a recruiter to understand the art of sales opening and closing.
To be a successful recruiter one must not rely on a single source to find the best challenge. William Almonte said, ‘master business person of preparing industry, a general learning about you. So, being successful trust worthy sincere hard working and friendly brings out a good recruiter.