Hiring candidate is no doubt an uphill task. The search for a perfect candidate is very tiring and challenging. The whole process of scanning resumes, matching profiles, assessment and interview of candidates, requires a lot of time and effort on the part of the recruiters and hiring managers.Smart recruiting refers to the process of hiring staffs and employees that is smart, efficient, and less time-consuming.
Smart recruiting in this millennial is very important
In today’s competitive world, there is a cluster of ‘jobs’. Job seekers want a job that does not only pay but allows their values and aspirations to breathe. William Almonte, owner of Titan Staffing system if a job does not appeal to the aesthetics and interests of a millennial, he or she will leave it in the blink of an eye.
Some good old methods that are ‘Smart’
- Interview: Recruiters use interviews to check the job aptitude and skill set of a candidate before employing them.
- Referral program: Referral programs are a very effective way of not only appealing to the potential employees; it is a good way of showing trust on the existing employees as well.
- Out and about: Companies organize various fairs, debates, symposiums in various college and universities. This is an effective way of communicating and scouting new talent.
- Metrics: The number of applications sends a job says a lot about it. Recruiters use this data/ statistics to evolve the job profile.
Smart recruitment is the easiest way to go
Some of the methods to smart recruit include:
- ATS: The Applicant Tracking System or ATS is used to search and monitor job applications. It is done through searching for the right keywords in job experience and titles.
- Social Media networking: According to William Almonte, Goal Oriented Leader of Titan Staffing System recruiters use social media to verify or assess a potential employee more than a candidate uses social media to search for employment. Recruiters use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to connect with potential employees.
- Gamification: The incorporation of various games in the online job applications makes it more interesting for the job seekers. It is a good way of engaging their attention.
- Branding: Recruiters must invest a lot of money and resources in building a brand. Job seekers are more likely to apply in a company that is easily recognizable by its brand name.
- Feedback: It is a very important step. Feedback not only gives a company much room for improvement, but it also leaves an impressionable impact on the applicant’s minds
When recruiting, recruiters take into consideration many factors. Educational qualification, professional experience, conversational skills, aptitude, adaptability are taken into account. Most of the job descriptions are generic. To attract the right kind of employees, the job description should be specifically mentioned. It should be concise and to the point. The whole process of recruitment should be systematic, with proper tools to monitor and drive forward the process.
And lastly, candidates will appreciate a simple, time-saving, and communicative process. Smart recruiting is the call of the hour in this day and age. Technology and communication are essentially the main keys to recruit smartly.